Home Newspaper No civilian sources, only official military – DFA Locsin on alleged China...

No civilian sources, only official military – DFA Locsin on alleged China missile testing in PH waters

 

Following foreign intelligence reports and warnings from other government bodies, the Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. issued this statement on Thursday via Twitter following reports that China has conducted missile tests in the disputed South China Sea last weekend.

 

“The DFA relies only on official military intelligence; we despise civilian sources,” he said.

 

The country’s top diplomat echoed the stand of Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo who said that the Philippine government will conduct its own investigation instead of depending on “whatever source.”

 

 “We work hand in glove with the armed forces because war is the conduct of diplomacy by other means, as diplomacy can be the conduct of war with a measure of finesse,” Locsin said.

 

The DFA relies only on official military intelligence; we despise civilian sources; we work hand in glove with the armed forces because war is the conduct of diplomacy by other means as diplomacy can be the conduct of war with a measure of finesse.

 

In a recent news report, Pentagon Spokesman Lt. Col. Dave Eastburn said they were aware of the missile launch from the man-made structures in the Spratly Islands (Kalayaan) in the South China Sea.

 

The Pentagon building, located in Washington, DC, is the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense.

 

Philippine Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana earlier said a probe into the reported missile tests will be conducted.

 

The foreign affairs chief has repeatedly said the DFA will only count on the military’s intelligence report before filing any diplomatic protest over an incident in the contested waterway.

 

The latest of those incidents was the reported ramming of a Philippine fishing boat by a Chinese vessel at Recto (Reed) Bank in the West Philippine Sea last June 9.

 

The incident left 22 Filipino fishermen at sea for hours before they were rescued by a Vietnamese vessel.

5 COMMENTS

  1. 459437 202600hey there i stumbled upon your internet site searching about the web. I wanted to let you know I enjoy the appear of things about here. Maintain it up will bookmark for confident. 449268

  2. 844149 914357I dont agree with this certain post. However, I did researched in Google and Ive located out which you are correct and I had been thinking in the incorrect way. Continue producing quality material similar to this. 358020

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

MUST READ

GMA programs and personalities win ALTA Media Icon Awards

Several GMA shows and personalities won awards in the 5th ALTA Media Icon Awards of the University of Perpetual Help this year. Honored were Kapuso...

Tokyo praises Yulo’s ‘outstanding’ share to PH-Japan friendship

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora   MANILA -- Gold medalist Carlos Yulo on Thursday received a commendation from the Japanese Embassy in Manila for his historic win...

PCSO donates 45 ambulances to gov’t hospitals, health facilities

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan   MANILA -- The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on Thursday turned over 45 new ambulance units to various government hospitals and health...

DepEd ‘strongly condemns’ slay try on Bukidnon teacher

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora   MANILA -- The Department of Education (DepEd) on Thursday strongly condemned the shooting of Zhydee Bitago Cabañelez, an elementary teacher at...

PH soldiers bag silver medal in UK Cambrian Patrol

By Priam Nepomuceno   MANILA -- Eight Philippine Army (PA) Scout Rangers, who participated in the United Kingdom's Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2019 (Ex CP 2019) held in...